Monday, October 30, 2017

It's In You

Once upon a time the great violinist Nicolo Paganini was performing before a packed Opera house.  As he walked on stage he suddenly realized that he held a very strange violin in his hands, not his own treasured Guarneri violin. 

After a moment of sheer panic, he pulled himself together and began to play with all the skill he possessed.  Afterward, everyone agreed that he had given the performance of a lifetime, and he was rewarded with a marvelous standing ovation. 

Later, in his dressing room, Paganini said, “Today I learned the most important lesson of my entire career.  Before today I thought the music was in the violin.  Now I know the music is in me.”


I just went on a search for a movie clip I haven’t seen for 45 years.  It is the story of a boy named Oblio who was born with a round head in a world where all the other people had pointed heads.  The final capstone to the story is this: “You don’t have to have a point to have a point.”

Harry Nilsson wrote this amazing film and music, The Point.  It is such a profound idea on this whole concept of what I must have to fit in and be successful.

We don’t need the brand name clothes, the latest shoes, and whatever gadget happens to be the next big thing.  I have some of those and I am grateful, however, I was a writer before I got my Mac Air. 

We use what is at hand.  We use the tools available.  We make our mark with what is around us.

Paganini made glorious music by using a second-rate violin. 

It really does come down to finding what is within and bringing it out.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment