Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Word about Vision


A Word about Vision

(This story came from Bits and Pieces (December 2016).  The author is unknown and this is an abridged version, in my own words.)

A railroad crew was hard at work making repairs to a section of track.  A train rolled up on the track nearby and men in suits began disembarking.  A tall man in a blue suit noticed the crew and approached the men. 

He spoke, “Ted, is that you?”
“Yes, it is” Ted responded.  “It’s good to see you, Dale.”

After a brief chat the men parted.  They shook hands and promised to do a better job of keeping in touch.

After the suited man left, a co-worker asked Ted, “Was that Dale, the head of the railroad?”

“It surely was” replied Ted.  “One of my good friends.  You see, we started out on this job on the same day.”

“So, how is it you’re here laying track and he’s now president of this company?”

“It’s simple” Ted replied.  “I had a vision of working for the railroad.  Dale had a vision of running the railroad.”

The end.


Except …

There’s a lesson in there somewhere, isn’t there?


I write, because I want to touch the world … THE WORLD, with my words.  I don’t just want Carolyn, my siblings, and my step-kids and a few friends to read what I generate. 

My vision?  I want to write the blog heard round the world.

What is your vision?


This is what is on
my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment