Thursday, November 29, 2018

Listening


Listening

I’m in a restaurant eating breakfast.  There are three conversations happening around me.  From what I hear and observe, in each of these sets of conversations, ‘listening’ is happening.  I hear and sense good and wholesome listening going on.  That’s a good, yea ‘great’ thing.

CB and I have a rule.  When she comes to where I’m writing, or doing anything, and wants to talk, I take my hands off the computer keys, I mute the TV and devote my whole attention to what she has to say.  And she does the same.

We LISTEN!

What an art – to tune in, to pay attention.  I remember a line from a book I read five years ago. 

A husband and wife are talking.  The wife says, “I’ve never been so listened to … so heard.”

Wow!  That is a great relationship moment.


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment