Monday, December 3, 2018

Teach ... Never Belittle


Teach … Never Belittle
  
I didn’t mean to write on this topic tonight.  I thought I was going somewhere else in my mind.  And then this quote crossed my path.

  
What a great, I mean G R E A T concept.  Leaders need it, managers need it, bosses need it, wives and husbands need it, parents need it.  Heck … everybody in the whole world needs to master this idea. 

I’ve been on the receiving end of the ‘belittle’ part and it’s no fun.  I’ve quoted Maya Angelou’s quote numerous times before, and it fits again here.

“People will never forget how you made them feel”, and that applies to this ‘belittle’ thing. 

Mankind already suffers with low self-esteem, low validation syndrome, and a lot of other self-image issues.  Why would we belittle someone when they are wrong? 

Rather, what a great opportunity for a teaching moment. 

So, this is for all of us – every single person reading this post.  The next time you want to correct someone … TEACH.  Don’t belittle.


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment