Monday, August 13, 2018

How to Be Great


How to Be Great

Let’s pursue greatness!  Will you join me?

Well, I’m working on that most days.  It seems to me that the key ingredient toward greatness is this.  One word that I need to focus on more than ever.

Integrity. 

This I have figured out.  Greatness is not found in …
   How much money I make
   How many talents I have
   The size of my home
   The success of my kids and grandkids
   The beauty of my wife
   The quality of my cloths

My own success is measured in light of the quality of integrity with which I lead my life.

That demands to be broken down a bit.

INTEGRITY
Truth
Truthfulness
Honor
Veracity
Reliability
Uprightness

It’s a pursuit.  Integrity is something we work on every day and in every moment of every day.

I just revisited Kevin Hall’s book – Aspire.  He reminds me of this:  Integrity comes from the Latin “integer,” which refers to a whole number.  Integrity means whole and complete.

That is my goal – to live a whole and complete life in thought, word and deed. 

This is my pursuit of GREAT!


This is what is on
my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment