Friday, April 3, 2020

Treat Me Like a Human Being

Treat Me Like a Human Being

I captured this quote from a book a few years ago and it is still worthwhile.  Please keep reading.


“Well-known physician, Dr. Bernie Siegel, author of Love Medicine and Miracles, once asked two terminally ill patients what they wanted most from their medical professionals.  Here are their responses.

~“Let me talk first.”
~“Knock on my door.”
~“Say ’Hello’.”
~“Say ‘Goodbye’.”
~“And look me in the eye when you talk to me.”
Nobody said “Cure me.  Get me a transplant.”
They said ‘Treat me like a human being.’”

What a timely reminder. 

And don’t we love to be recognized as human.

Kind of important.


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment