Saturday, April 25, 2020

If at First

If at First

The salesman says, “But I knocked on the door, and they slammed it in my face.”
The athlete said, “I ran that race once, and fell down.  Never again.”
The speaker said, “I had a sure-fire speech, and they laughed me off the stage.”
The romantic said, “I asked her for a date once. She said “no.”


Oh my, it is so easy to walk away and never try again.  ‘Tis easier to give up than to try again. 

But what if there’s gold on the other side of that “NO”?

Here’s what Seth Godin says about that.

When success doesn’t occur, the easiest thing is to walk away and not make the mistake of speaking up ever again. The most important thing to do, though, is to do it again, to care again and to seek to make change, again.
Seth Godin What to Do when it’s Your Turn

An encouraging word for all of us –


Try Try Again.



This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment