Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Thoughts Are Things


Thoughts Are Things

I’m fighting a small battle at the moment.  I have taken nearly four months off from my rigorous writing schedule for personal reasons.  My battle is in my mind and in my
thoughts about my writing.  Before my break from writing, I could write quickly and easily.  Now, the thoughts are coming slowly, and with more labor than before.

I’m thinking, at times, that I can’t do what I did before.  And in my heart, I reject that.  I want to write.  I desire to get back to what I was doing four months ago – which was writing one blog daily, and the fiver others were at least written weekly, and sometimes two per week.  And I was producing a weekly podcast.

And my mind is rebelling.  My thoughts are contradicting my will.  I’ve been here before.  I’ve taken other breaks from my writing and I’ve always come back stronger than before.  So, that is the thought to which I cling to now.  I think it is like a muscle that I quit using, and now that I’m back, I have to recondition those muscles. 

What an interesting dilemma.  Read along, and watch me come back.


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment