Thursday, January 24, 2019

Don't Judge Me By What You See


Don’t Judge Me By What You See

 (This is a post for all of us who want a voice and yet there is no mic, or we may be timid, or we may speak softly, or we may be afraid, or old and feeble.)


If you’ve never met me, you’ll see one who moves slower today than a few years ago.  Don’t judge me as old and feeble, slow and useless.  Do you know I once was one of the faster runners in my class?

If you hear me speak, you’ll notice an occasional stumble for the right word.  I’ll say “stink” and mean “sink”.  Don’t judge me.  I was once a capable speaker in my own right.

If I inch too closely to the truck in front, be patient.  I can still see.  I just make sure I move slowly enough so I can get close enough, yet not too close.  I was once one of the sharp-eyed ones in my squad.  I shot a rabbit at 425 feet once upon a time.

If you are just now walking in on this chapter in my life, remember this … I’m not the man I once was, but I am a man.  I have feelings.  I still love.   I desire.  I have a huge appetite for lemon pie, and I see what’s going on.  I can hear impatience in your voice. 

And my tastes in music?  Those are a part of me too.  You may try and change the channel.  You may sing loudly of your songs, your style, your beat, and that is okay.  Just sometimes, give me a huge dose of my own style, my own brand that I know so well. 

Yes, I’m old now.  I don’t get around much anymore.  And yet, I’m here.  I’m alive and still useful.  I still know things.  And I have a ton of life experiences that will amaze you, if you slow down long enough to listen and get to know me.

It’s too bad you came in on this chapter.  You’ve missed so much of the best of me. 


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment