Monday, September 25, 2017

Don't

I saw a dozen "STOP" signs yesterday.  And not one “GO” sign.  Hmmm.

Everywhere we turn, someone is telling us “DON’T”.

When I was younger, I heard …

“Don’t buy that saw.  You’ll cut off your finger.”

“Leave that alone.  You don’t know ‘nothin about machinery.”

“Don’t show off.”

“Don’t touch that machine.  You might ruin something.”


Well, perhaps it is time for us – you and me – to buck the tide a bit more.  I don’t live on "DON’T" Place any longer.  I live on “CAN DO” Lane.

I’ve found a whole passel of stuff that pleases me, and that I CAN do, so that is where I live now.

You see, I’m a bit thirsty, and in order to quench my thirst I have to take a drink from a few wells along the way. 

~I drink daily from some great books and learn from minds that are larger than my own.

~I get up early every day because I need the morning quiet.  My mind needs this retreat time and space.

~I think a lot about where my strengths lie.  I move toward those ideals.  Even if I can’t do something now, I still work toward it.  Case in point – I’m starting a serious walk toward launching a weekly podcast.  I don’t know much now, but watch out.  I CAN learn.  Here I go.

Anymore, I look for the “YES” in life … the “Come on in.”



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment