Monday, September 4, 2017

Where's the Bull's Eye?

Great marksmen and women know this.  They always focus on the bull’s eye.  That is what they intend to hit.  That is where they focus. 

Where is your bull’s eye, and my bull’s eye?


What is our ONE THING that drives our lives?  I’m pretty good at a lot of things.  Music for one.  Any more, my ONE THING is writing to encourage mankind.  My goodness.  What a large and imposing bull’s eye. 

I can sing.  I can market, and promote, I can sell, I can drum … I can do a lot of stuff.  But what is my bull’s eye?

All of the skills in the above string become background in light of my main thing.

My big bull’s eye … to write the blog heard round the world.  And I aim toward it every day of my life.  This blog will be full of hope, encouragement and inspiration for those who read it.  I haven’t yet reached this goal.  I’m on my way however. 

Our aim, our focus, is one of the most important principles we will every give thought to.  It gets us out of bed in the middle of the night, it speaks to us at odd moments during our day, and on occasion it may keep us up late at night. 

I’ve had to make adjustments in my life to help me focus more on my bull’s eye.  For me, that involves my get-up time every morning.  Marksmen call this “the stance”.  The positioning of the feet, the arms, the pressure on the trigger, the awareness of the breeze and from what direction.  All of the elements above are nothing more than metaphors for you and me in analyzing our stance, our focus on our bull’s eye. 

The position – where you sit or stand, what surrounds you, music or not.

Pressure on the trigger – how much focus, how little, how light a touch, what to read, what to expose one’s self to.

The breeze – what outside influences are we subject to, what might blow us off-course, angle of the point – higher or lower.

See the metaphors at play here?

We find what works for us.  We do what we need to do to keep our eye on the bull’s eye. 

Where’s your bull’s eye?


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment