Tuesday, November 22, 2016

One Simple Line

I continue to marvel at the power of words and how the right word spoken at the right time can have such a positive influence on one’s life.

My transforming line was – I Approve of Myself.  Having grown up in a home where rebuke and putdowns was the norm, I grew up feeling I had little to contribute to anybody’s life, much less my own.  That one phrase has had a huge impact on my own life personally.

There are thousands of other phrases that speak as powerfully to others as this one did to me.  You see, I strongly believe in the power of words and phrases and know for a fact that words can change a person’s life.

For the next few weeks I’ll be doing a series of articles on the importance of words.

Phrase #1:  I’m wrong – I apologize.

This is perhaps the most difficult of all the phrases we will cover.  “I’m wrong” indicates the need for a reverse gear.  It says ‘I’m man enough to know when I am off course and have the guts to admit it and get back on track.”

As an aside, when is the last time you heard a person holding a high office admit they were wrong?  It is a tough call, a humbling call.  And don’t we appreciate it when someone admits a fault?

“I’m wrong” could be the beginning for some kind of healing in our world.

Say the words. 

One simple line that could make all the difference.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment