Monday, June 9, 2014

I Want a Job

I want some company to hire me and give me the job title of Ambassador of Good Will.  My job would be to simply wander the halls of this company and catch people doing something right.  And when I do, I would go to my office later in the day and send them a personal note of acknowledgement.

If I see an attitude improvement in someone, I would note that.
If the lowliest sales person made some kind of significant improvement, I would send a note or an email, or a phone call.

If marketing produced a stellar marketing piece of some type, we would celebrate the merging of their creativity and ingenuity and their ability to wow the marketplace.

I would find ways of praising employees in front of their peers and celebrating their accomplishments.

Now note this – I would not concentrate on the super-star employees.  They already get accolades from upper management.  I would concentrate on the little people at the far end of the food chain – the ones who rarely receive any kind of praise.  They need love too. 

Can you imagine how the environment around that place would change if I had this job?  It would probably revolutionize the business.  I think employees would come to work earlier, hang around a bit longer after hours, increase productivity and turn-over would be reduced. 

Now, how is that for a profitability performance review?


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment