Friday, March 22, 2013

Do Be Does



I’m reviewing the book Psycho Cybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz with revisions by Dan Kennedy. 

Here is a choice thought to nibble on:

“You cannot do things without being the kind of person who does those things.”

You must be to do.

DO
What are you willing to do to become the “who” you desire?

BE
What is required of you to become the person you want to become?

DOES
What does a person do who exemplifies the role model you wish to pattern yourself after?


My DO
I have adopted the mindset of a writer; therefore I am willing to spend time every day at my keyboard writing.  Some days my output is minimal, yet I show up every day – every day.  I have also increased my reading time, for the books I read directly affect the writing I produce and the quality thereof.

My BE
Pretty much summed up above, but to recap, I show up, every day, at the keyboard and write something.  That is what writers do.  I am a writer therefore that is what I choose to do.

My DOES
The writers I study are voracious readers, and they have a dedicated schedule for their writing.  They are all over the clock as to the time of day they chose to write, but the main thing is they WRITE.  I am a smart guy, so I’m going to do what the big boys and girls do who write.  I write, I work it into my life schedule and I do the job that needs to be done.


Have you figured out your Do Be Does life yet?

Worth pondering – seriously!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment