Monday, March 11, 2013

A Great Compliment


Compliments come in all varieties, sizes, shapes, and degrees of sincerity. 

You look good.
  You smell good.

You did a good job.
      You are just really average.

Ah, but a truly great compliment … now that is something to behold.

I absolutely adore this note written to Walt Whitman.

“Dear Sir,
I am not blind to the worth of the wonderful gift of Leaves of Grass.  I find it the most extraordinary piece of wit and wisdom that America has yet contributed.  I greet you at the beginning of a great career.”  
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)


Especially love that last turn of words. 

Masterful! 

Never have I seen a time when people from all walks of life are so hungry for a proper word of encouragement. 

What can you and I do about this?

I wonder.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment