Friday, August 24, 2012

Your Mission



Your Mission

Ever heard this one? 

Yard by yard is hard. 
Inch by inch is a cinch.

This speaks of dedication, of focus, and of pertinacity. 

I have been steadily exercising for eight months now.  When I started in December 2011 I had certain issues with my body’s endurance that now seem like a cakewalk.  Over the course of these eight months I’ve grown stronger, more toned and with better balance. 

And I have accomplished this one day at a time in the gym.  We go four or five days per week, and stick to our routine.  That works for me. 

Kind of like this Peruvian proverb I found today.

Little by little one walks far.

And it is true with any goal in life.  We work at it daily. 

I love this quote from Herman Wouk’s novel The Winds of War.

Define your mission and stick to it.”

What is your mission?


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment