Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Signature Strength



Signature Strength

Love this word - Signature Strength.  It speaks volumes for our topic today.

In my lifetime, I’ve pursued a lot of career tracks.  Let’s see …
   Music Minister
     Sales Management
       Marketing Management
         Clinician
           Insurance Agent
         Retail Sales Management
       Business Management
     Public Speaker
   Writer

There have been elements in each of these jobs that have appealed to me, but my joy, my passion these days comes from writing.  So my signature strength is writing. 

The amazing revelation is this – I’ve used writing to some degree in every one of these career tracks. 

But let’s focus on YOU! 

John C Maxwell and Les Parrot say this in their great little book called 25 Ways to Win with People:

Everyone has a number of positive qualities that represents his or her strengths, but some are more important
and more central to a person’s identity. 
When you can point them out to others,
research shows, a person is more likely
to use them, to put them on display,
and to embrace them as a key component
of his or her identity.


Our identity is wrapped up in what we do.  We take great pride in saying …
     I’m a ____
          I went to _____
               I live in _____
                    I’m married to _____

And when we talk about our signature strengths, we come alive.  What we do best is what we want others to know about most.

Our Signature Strength becomes our identity.

Our Signature Strength becomes what we hang our hat on and show the world as a representation of what we claim to be.

How do we find our signature strength? 
-Where does your mind go during idle times?
-If you could be or do anything in the world, and knew you would not fail, what would it be?

The answers to these questions become road marks that point us to our destinies. 

May you find your signature strengths and build on them for the rest of your life.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment