Thursday, March 15, 2018

Healing


Healing

I am healing.  I am getting better almost every
day.  You see, I had three heart by-passes on December 18 and 12 1/2 weeks later I can’t believe how good I feel.  And most of that improvement has come about in the last 2 weeks. 

I am well-fed, with Carolyn’s help – meaning I have changed a lot of bad eating habits.  I count sugar grams, fat grams, sodium grams and try to say within my limits each day.  My blood sugar numbers are perfect (100 this morning), and my weight has dropped by 34 lbs. since October 17 when all this started.

I’m healing. 

My healing is contributed to lots of factors, over and above the food changes.  I exercise, under the cardio rehab program three days per week and then go to Harbor Square Health Club the other two days.  I’m reading a lot of stuff – four or five books since surgery.  I have consistently gotten up and out most days since three weeks after surgery.  Some days were slow moving and my up-times only lasted an hour or two, but that was enough. 

Carolyn and I have been able to spend some incredible quality times together.  We take little trips over to Bellevue, or Woodinville, or up to LA Connor, and Vancouver and Victoria, BC.  And our conversations have been soul-satisfying.

Now that warmer weather and sunshine has returned to Edmonds, I’ve been able to go and sit alongside Sunset in the middle of the day and watch the water traffic and the birds – especially the seagulls.

I occasionally listen to some inspiring music, and I am able to have lots of quiet time for meditation, contemplation, and going within.  And I’ve written a lot.

What heals you? 
What inspires you? 
What source do you turn to when you need healing?

My final source of healing … God.  Interestingly, I didn’t ask God to deliver me from surgery.  Nor have I asked for a speeded-up recovery process.  Oh, I’ve had my down days, days of dizziness, of instability, of discouragement, of weakness and fatigue.  And God has been with me through it all.

And He has performed His part of my healing with his gentle presence and peace, and by giving me patience in the middle of my recovery. 

I’ve had numerous people who have let me know they pray for me.  I think God likes those prayers too.

Bottom line … I am healing nicely. 

I am thankful for every kind thought, every prayer, every medical attendant, every morsel of food and every encouraging word that has come on my behalf.

You see … I really do believe words heal too!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment