Sunday, December 9, 2018

Hope for We Ordinary Types


Hope for We Ordinary Types


I do a lot of thinking about Christmas during
the month of Christmas.  Seems Christmas involves a lot of ordinary types in the storyline.

Consider this …
The angels appeared to shepherds.  Shepherds were low class.  They lived with sheep.  They smelled bad, they ate rather poorly.  They were poor, mostly.  And yet they got a special invitation to the birth of Christ.

Mary was, by some accounts a 14-year-old nobody.  She wasn’t the star in her school.  She wasn’t great at athletics, or a cheerleader, as far as we know.  She didn’t do anything noteworthy to our knowledge.  

And she was the key player in this whole drama that unfolds this time of year.  She gave birth to God’s son.  An ordinary young woman was selected to be the birth mother for Heaven’s greatest gift.

How about that.  Ordinary people in ordinary times, dressed in ordinary ways, doing life in mundane, ordinary fashion, and they were partakers in the most amazing story that God could craft.

I’m ordinary.  I’m a few pounds over-weight.  I had open-heart surgery a year ago, I move slower now, I can sing but I’m not the best singer on the block.  And yet, in my years of living, God has used me a few times to do his bidding.  I’ve presented a few musicals that touched some people.  I’ve written a few blogs that some individuals have benefited from.  I’ve given some money to a few needy individuals and it helped meet an immediate need.

I’m nobody.  Just an ordinary guy, and yet, God seems to say to me, “You, the bald one, who walks slower now.  YOU, yes you.  I can use you.  You are just what I need for this job over here.”

I think God is saying that to you too.  This post is typically full of ways to be a better person, or ways to help people with whom you work.  Well, today, the best way we can do all that is to become a tool, a mouthpiece in God’s hands and see what He can do through you and me.  He has already proven a propensity for using the unknown, the unskilled, the untrained and the lesser sorts. 

Today, He is inviting us to partner with Him in a continuing saga of hope for all mankind. 

If the Christmas message is anything, it definitely is a message that is

ALL ABOUT PEOPLE!


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment