Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Destroying Illusions


Destroying Illusions


Oh my.  What have I opened? 

This idea takes some consideration, doesn’t it?  If we dare to get honest with ourselves, we have to deal with this.  Truth is truth, regardless of which side of the issue you are on. 

We love our illusions.  We love our own thoughts and ideas of how things work and how they should work.  But what if those idea are wrong?  What if the people we are following have it wrong and don’t care that they are leading us astray?

Lest you think I’m taking a political stance here, I’m not.  My intent is rather to say this: “Stop.  Take a deep breath.  Get a grip on reality and consider whether what we are following is truth, half-truth, reality or fantasy.”

Do you still believe in the magic rabbit’s foot?
Do you still search for four-leaf clovers?
Is your lucky sweater clean and still wearable?

What illusions are you holding to?

And why?

Really, really … just think about this whole concept of truth versus illusion.


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment