Friday, April 13, 2018

To Touch a Heart


To Touch a Heart

My heart surgeon, Dr. Sam Yousef, came to see me two days after my open-heart surgery.  He is a kind and gracious man and a skillful surgeon.  During our brief conversation, he said, “Thanks for letting me touch your heart.”

(This is the 'cough pillow' he signed. The pic below is a broader view of the same.)

And he did. 

And you know what?  That is what I live to do.  I want to touch a heart or two with my words.  I think sometimes I get to do that, for some of you let me know through emails and comments on my blogs.  For that I am grateful.

Of course, you know I’m not going to operate on you like Dr. Sam did to me.  I’m going to offer you words of hope and encouragement, for I see, more and more, that today people need the breath of air that good and nurturing words can bring. 

Oprah says the world begs for ‘validation’.  I happen to agree with her.

So, I’m going to keep reaching out, writing, speaking and finding tools of my trade that will speak to your heart and touch you in a way like few others do.

And if you want to join this movement, and pass it along, that would be just fine and dandy with me.  I think our world can use a few more ‘heart’ touches.

For starters …

I believe in the potential of every human being, and that includes you.  Of what are you capable?

Ah, that’s where you come in.  Find out.  If you get stumped along the way, and I find out, I’ll offer you a word of hope to help spur you on in your pursuit.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment