Monday, February 29, 2016

Respect

It appears to me that we need a huge dose of RESPECT to sweep our world today.  You know … R E S P E C T
   Esteem
      Reverence
         Value
           Revere
             Deference

In this election year I see anything but respect.  Even as I write this I am aware that others could take my words and use them slanted toward their own argument and do some serious slamming of ones whose opinion they do not value.

So – RESPECT is the word for today.

We are thinking people.  We hold thoughts, opinions, views and ideas that differ greatly.  And so our right to hold those differing opinions should be honored.

Many dogmas, philosophies and political entities abound and would love nothing more than to do our thinking for us. 

However … HOWEVER, my friend, hold the line.  Hold your own thoughts and let nothing nor no one take that right from you to hold your own thoughts. 

I am forming my opinions on whom I will vote for in the up-coming elections, and I may be right as rain or as wrong as the devil, but I will hold to my opinions and vote as proudly as I can and you should too. 

And as we do, we offer each other the hand of friendship called respect.  And if we vote wrongly, we hang together and attempt to correct any grievous wrongs that we may have brought upon ourselves or our land.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment