Monday, February 1, 2016

Extraordinary Moments - Simple Acts

A quick personal example:  I’ve been writing seriously for six years.  Occasionally I receive heartwarming words from readers expressing appreciation for what I’ve written.

My words are pretty simple – probably on the intellectual level of a tenth grade student.  I write from my heart, and occasionally my heart touches another heart.  That is an extraordinary moment.

Speakers have extraordinary moments when someone in their audience actually pays attention to their talk. 

A hand outstretched often begins an extraordinary friendship.

A smile and kind word of appreciation often create an extraordinary moment of hope and joy for the receiver

I fed a homeless man two chicken salad sandwiches and a latte on Sunday.  He specifically asked for those foods.  I have a feeling those sandwiches and drink created an extraordinary Sunday, and a belly that felt full for a brief few hours.

I whisper encouraging words occasionally to those close to me, and sometimes to strangers.  Maybe, perhaps I am creating for the recipient one brief moment of extraordinary joy and esteem. 

Join in.  Create extraordinary moments wherever you plant you foot.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment