Friday, May 30, 2014

Popular Vs Important

Just because something is popular doesn't make it important.  We live in a ratings society.  If a book makes it on the New York Times Best Seller list that automatically assures that it will be read by the masses.  If Oprah promoted a product on her show you can expect that product to zoom to the top in sales. 

That may be the syndrome of “awareness” but is it important?  And to whom is it important.

I’ve read many fine books that never made it to the top of the heap.  I wear shirts every day that never get near a fashion show runway.  Yet I like them, they are good quality, they are stylish for my tastes and they look great.  Just ask my wife

The question is this:  What is important to you and your world? 

Popular is good.

Important is better.
  
P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment