Friday, February 14, 2014

Why People Quit

We have quitters in every segment of society.
People quit …

Jobs
Relationships
Sports teams
Church
Social groups

Do you know why people quit?

The number one reason given is this:

They do not feel appreciated.
~How Full Is Your Bucket
Donald O. Clifton & Tom Rath

When I lived in Waco, Texas, I frequented a certain restaurant.  One morning at breakfast the manager came over, we chatted and he gave me a complimentary meal with these words, “I notice you come in here a lot and wanted you to know that we appreciate your support.”

Guess where I want to breakfast the next weekend? 

My friend Rico in Edmonds comes by our table every time we dine in his place and we have a pleasant exchange.  He appreciates our business.

And so do Brook and Randy at their restaurant.

We all love recognition and appreciation.

I especially love the appreciation from my wife when I help her.  At the moment she is recovering from rotator cuff surgery and is unable to do much for herself.  I am her hands, feet, cook, laundress, water fetcher and pill dispenser. 

Just the other day she was singing my praises (to me) of how much she appreciated my help. 

Guess what.  I did a bit more.  I went an extra step or three.

And so will your employees, your kids, your spouse and your customers. 

Want to keep them coming back?

Appreciate them!

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment