Thursday, January 16, 2014

Friendships

Christmas passed us by three weeks ago.  I need to dip behind us for this thought.

In the movie It’s a Wonderful Life, at the very end a copy of the book Tom Sawyer is opened and on the inside fly-leaf we find these words.

“Remember, no man is a failure who has friends.”

Is life on track for you?  Do you have the necessary amount of money in your bank account?  Do you own the right set of stocks yet?  Are you married to the right person? 

Are you a success?

When the game is over, it’s not a matter of having, owning, or being in relationship with the right mate; it is about those who gather near and we are able to call “FRIEND.”

Friendship! 

That is the message of this movie.  George Bailey had impacted countless lives.  He had touched people with something more endearing than a large bank account and entrance into the correct social clubs of his day.

He touched people with friendship.  And they gave back in kind. 

That is “connecting” in the right way.

I’ll never forget …

~Zane came over and helped me with a dead battery.
~Ed came and helped me take down and put away a lot of staging equipment after our Christmas musical.
~Dan and John helped me pack the U-haul truck on moving day
~Long and meaningful conversations with Rick, Linda, John, Garnet and dozens more
~Snowshoeing in the Sandia’s with Lawrence and Bess and friends
~Phone calls of encouragement, cards of hope, letters of friendship and joy.

Friends are the one’s making those calls, sending those cards, organizing the snowshoe trip and responding in my time of need -- friends and all that friendship represents.

Love
  Acceptance
    Helping hands
      Caring hearts
        Supportive words
          Eyes that look past faults

I just read a Facebook post from my friend Sam.  He was reminiscing about our times together when we both worked in the music industry.  Sam is one of those golden friendships.  What cherished memories.

If you look at my bank statement you wouldn’t see much.  Ah, but let me show you my friendships!  My friends are my gold mine. 

And so are yours. 

AND SO ARE YOURS!

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment