Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rolling University


Rolling University

How much time do you spend in your automobile?  I have a daily commute of approximately 18 minutes each way. 

Here’s a tip I learned from Og Mandino, author of The Greatest Salesman in the World, and others.  Why not turn that drive time into learning time.  I’ve tapped into this “down-time” over the years and I am amazed at the information I have gained as a result of using this otherwise mindless drive time and making this time work to my benefit.

I listen to audio recordings of good and wholesome books and articles.  Some are more important to me than others, and this affords me the chance to listen again and again as I drive.  If I miss a key thought I have the luxury of backing up the CD and reviewing what I missed. 

Am I better for this?  In a word, YES!  I am in the business of generating ideas that I can pass along to others and I make this a daily habit. 

Just take a look at a few of the minds I have been able to tap into as a result of this habit.
Mandela’s Way (currently listening and it is insightful)
The Naked Truth (Patrick Lencoini)
Seven Habits of Highly Successful People (Steven Covey)
Aspire (Kevin Hall)
The Laws of Success (Napoleon Hill)
Think and Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill)
Psychology of Winning (Denis Waitley)
Breakthrough Thinking (Harvard Business Review)
Success Magazine Monthly Disc (Every issue comes with one)

And there are dozens of others in my library that I rotate between. 

There is a company called   that I have tapped into and for a nominal monthly fee, I can down load audio programs.  I recently let my credits accumulate, and the just last week downloaded four incredible programs. https://www.audible.com/sign-in.  What a wealth of valued information.  Talk about information is power.  This is power to the max!

Continue your education.  Fall is coming.  Sign up for classes at Rolling University.  You’ll meet some amazing instructors along the way, even some who have long since left this earth, yet their works continue through these recordings. 

What is it that someone once said “A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste”?

Waste not!  Your future is waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment