Tuesday, July 7, 2020

What Are We Waiting For

What Are We Waiting For

We’re here, waiting, waiting, waiting.  And for what? 

If you’re on an elevator and you're stuck, do you walk up, or down, or wait for someone to come and fix the broken mechanism?

Are you waiting for Mr. or Ms. Right to come along?

Are you waiting to be asked to write the great American novel, or any book, blog or article for that matter?  I had to ask to write a series of magazine articles once upon a time.  And they said “Yes, please do.”

More often than not, we are the ones who have to take action, take the first step, reach out and do the thing that needs doing.  I got a few jobs early in life that just landed in my lap, but most of the time, I had to reach out, make the phone call, send the resume.  They weren’t waiting for me, but after reading about me, then they wanted me.

So, what are you waiting for?

This is a purely motivational thought for today.


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Michael. This reminded me of young parenting days with PTA meetings and children's performances when people weren't sure when to clap! It's like, clap anyway!

    ReplyDelete