Saturday, July 25, 2020

Under the Influence

Under the Influence

Under the Influence

We are, I think, under the influence.  That can be good and it can be bad.  

Minds, will, and thoughts influence other's minds, will and thoughts.  The media tries to be influential as well. Who do you trust to influence you?

I wrote a poem this morning while under the influence of Rod McKuen.  I borrowed one little phrase from his book Come to Me in Silence on page 14.

I've also been under the influence of Brennan Manning, poet Mary Oliver, Og Mandino, Napoleon Hill, Ann Lamont, and a great host of other writers.  

If I like and trust a writer, speaker, newscaster, then I allow myself to receive some level of their influence on my own thinking.  It can't be helped.  

Right or wrong, influence happens.  I owe much of my spiritual/theological understanding to a few good men and women.  

I owe my drumming style to a couple of dead guys.  They influenced me greatly. 

With whatever influence trail I may leave, I have a couple of wishes.  May I represent truth and integrity.  May I speak words of hope and encouragement.  May I look for the best in others and always attempt to encourage them to bring their best foot forward. 

How are you handling your influence?


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment