Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Bull's Eye Can Be Hit


The Bull’s Eye Can Be Hit

People who hit the bull’s eye on the first try are lucky.  There is no skill in that.  They got lucky.

So, what’s your bull’s eye?  Consider this … that takes some figuring, some mulling and some trying and aiming and missing.  I didn’t settle on being a writer until I was in my late fifties/early sixties.  I thought about it, I dreamed of it, but I never got serious about writing until later in life.

And when I landed on writing, I knew I had found my niche.  Oh, I dabbled along the way.  I wrote some stuff –small stuff.  And I kept dabbling.  I kept writing, yet never dared called myself a ‘writer’. 

I began enjoying the process more.  I tried my hand on a more consistent basis.  I expanded my horizons and actually wrote a poem or two along the way.  Finally, I developed a sense of direction for my life – my life purpose.  It’s this – Offering Hope, Ecouragement, Inspiration, one word at a time.

People started reading, and following, and commenting.  I was encouraged, and so it continued.  I kept throwing darts at the board.  I had miss-spelled words, wrong verb tenses, and sometimes silly ideas, but the ideas flowed and I captured them.

Got a bull’s eye?  No matter what it is, you can learn to hit it.  Notice I said “Learn”!

Keep aiming.  Keep throwing.  Ignore the critics, and sooner or later you just might figure out how to hit the eye of the bull. 

And that’s no bull!


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment