Saturday, February 16, 2019

A Teachable Moment


A Teachable Moment

At the moment, I’m watching and overhearing my son-n-law teach his son, Greyson, how to use a drill to put on some cabinet knobs.  Grey is eleven.  It’s going very well and they have successfully completed one drawer.

Someone had to teach Erich, my son-n-law.  And he is passing along this skill.  What a moment in time.

I had to learn my manners, how to dress and feed myself, as you did too.  I also learned drumming, singing, conducting, writing, my math tables and all those other scholarly skills that go with getting an education. 

All you need as a learner is a willing and open mind. 

Ah, but as a teacher …
Skill and knowledge, of course
An abundance of patience
Proper tools help

This dance of teacher/learner has been going on for as long as man has been around.  It started with lessons in how to make a fire, the wheel, other crude and useful tools.  And mankind got better as time went on.

Best regards as you teach and as you learn.


This is what is
on my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment