Monday, May 28, 2018

A Bit of Gratitude


A Bit of Gratitude

I am thankful to be here today.  Five months ago, my cardiologist gave me a 70% chance of surviving surgery – three heart by-passes.  I am thankful to be here today.

I have a comfortable day today.  I’m well-fed, clothed, warm, loved, and liked.

I have friends around the globe.  They each contribute to the fabric of my life in their own unique way.  I remember incidents, words, experiences with them, and I am thankful for their contribution to all that is me.

I have family – siblings, step-kids, grandkids, and they are an important part of my life.  I am thankful.

I have personal freedoms.  I can go anywhere I chose to go today.  No one will stop me at the border between Seattle and Bellevue, or Kirkland and request my license nor my right to be there.

I have breath in my lungs.  I have eyesight, muscles that work, and my mind is functioning.  I am thankful.

I have beauty all around me.  I’m looking out on a grassy knoll, a lovely rhododendron bush, a quiet creek, and a blue sky. 

I have books aplenty to read, music to move and sooth my soul, and a calm spirit at this moment.

I am loved by a God who loves me with a furious love.

     I am at peace. 
          I am content.
               I am grateful.


This is what is on
my mind today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment