Monday, July 17, 2017

Be Careful around Books

Books are dangerous.  They sometimes awaken the dead.

Books enlighten, enrapture, educate and
illuminate.

Oh my.  We must be careful around books.

You do see, don’t you, that it is the WORDS inside the books that explode and create change. 

Words have power.  Words change minds and hearts.  They enlighten and educate.  They encourage and inspire.

Yes indeed.  Books can cause all kinds of havoc. 

On the other hand … what has a book ever done in your life?

I could name names.  Perhaps I should.

~The Bible is a torch light in my life
~How to Win Friends and Influence People has given me some solid grounding in my people skills.
~The Ragamuffin Gospel has opened up the world of grace to me.
~Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly has helped me understand and deal with shame.
~Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich and The Law of Success have given me solid mind conditioning.
~Og Mandino’s The Greatest Salesman in the World gave me ten principles for a lifetime of living.

I could go on, and if you are familiar with any of these titles, you already understand the power of the words they contain.

If you read, read wisely and with an open mind.
If you don’t read, find the time and make a commitment to yourself to begin this week.

Books are important.

The words inside of them are more important.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment