Sunday, July 12, 2015

It's Okay to Ignore Sometimes

In a politically correct society it is usually never good manners to ignore someone; however, here is an exception.

My friend Rick Justus says this:



Rick lists this quote along with six others, on a piece of paper that is constantly in his possession.  He calls this list his "Seven Secrets to Untold Wealth".

Would anything great ever be accomplished in this world if we always listened to the nay-sayers?

Landing on the moon?  They said:  “Man can’t stand the G-forces.  His body will explode.”

Every new startup has to overcome the negative comments that inevitably come.

“It’s been done before.”
“Nobody will buy THAT.”
“Are you crazy? Spending all that money?  What if it flops?”
“Who are you to think you can pull that off?”

I was told once to not buy a circular saw for I would probably cut off my finger.  I’ve had one for twenty-five years now and still have all fingers and toes.

I once said “Girls can’t play drums.”  I was threatened.  That was back in the seventh grade and we froze out a girl named Debby.  I confess that was a stupid move. 

What is being said to you?  Are you listening?  And what are you going to do about those words of a negative slant?

Do it anyway.
Avoid those who belittle you and mock your dream. 

Believe in YOU and YOUR DREAMS.  Ignore anyone who tells you it can’t be done.  Prove them wrong.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment