Monday, July 16, 2012

A Could-Be Life



A Could-Be Life

It’s a wide open world.  Never in the history of mankind have there been so many opportunities before us.  We are smart people and we live in a technologically advanced world.  Information can be at our finger tips in nano-seconds. 

In spite of all of this, are we living a “could-be” life?  We have all this “stuff” and all these possibilities around us, and are we stepping up to the plate and doing anything about it all?

Walt Whitman once said, 
“You see things as they are and say ‘Why?’ 
but I see things that never were and I say ‘Why not.’

Are we living lives of “could be”?
  
If I were inclined, I could get a degree in nuclear physics, or astronomy, or any other field of my choosing. 

It’s not a matter of lack of choices.  It’s a matter of an abundance of choices. 

I marvel at the prolific output of some writers down through history.  Charles Dickens wrote fifteen novels and hundreds of short stories, all without the aid of a computer or a typewriter. 

He lived a “could-be” life. 

What could we do?
What could we become, once we set our minds to a certain task or objective?

For many years I used excuses for reasons to not write.  I talked about writing, I said I was a writer, and I wanted to write, yet I didn't live up to my own potential. 

Today, I see what I can do and where I can plug into my talent bed.  I am living my “could-be” life.

The heart of what we are pursuing here is this.
~Are we ready to take action? 
~Are we developing a plan to make our lives what they could become?
~Are we stepping toward our destinies?

One day I stopped being a “could-be” writer and became a “writer.” 

No more sitting on the shelf.
No more day-dreaming of “some day I’ll …

What is your dream?
What is your passion?
What do you want to do more than anything else in the world?

Your “could-be” life is waiting.

Step toward your future.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment