Thursday, October 7, 2010

Books

Charlie “Tremendous” Jones, a very famous motivational and inspirational speaker, was fond of saying, “Five years from now you will be the same person you are today, except for the people you meet and the books you read.”

Imagine that! Your major influences are people and books.

Well, guess what? I have four great books for you to consider. Notice I didn’t give you much to go on in the descriptive content of these books. Check them out on line, read some reviews and choose the ones that most strike you for this moment in time in your life.

If you want to add any of these suggestions to your personal library, click on the LifeLines Book Store link which takes you to my Amazon Associates link.  Add your selection to your cart and follow the instructions for checking out.  Thanks for your support.  The link is LifeLines Books


Aspire, by Kevin Hall. I first read this book in January 2010, and have read it twice more since then. It is such a great read that I can’t help but continually dip into this masterpiece. You need to check this out – NOW!

(Lifelines Page 1, Position 4)


Getting Naked by Patrick Lencioni is a masterpiece of a story-book with some impressive business principles tucked neatly inside. The story-form is one of the best I’ve come across. It is one of those I couldn’t put down. I will read or listen to this book on audio CD at least once more this year yet.
(Lifelines Page 1, Position 5)





How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie is a classic book, and one I highly recommend. These principles are timeless and practical. Nearly everything I know about relating to people is something I picked up first in this book.
(Lifelines Page 1, Position 6)






Og Mandino’s classic The Greatest Salesman in the World is truly a classic in every sense. The ten principles, or Ten Scrolls, are mainstays in the people and sales business and let me encourage you to follow the plan, mark out your calendar and actually follow Og’s plan for the ten scrolls. It will take ten months, but my-my, how it will impact your life in so many ways.
(Lifelines Page 1, Position 7)



Of course I would be remiss if I failed to mention the Bible. I try and dip into this in some form or fashion every day of my life. Sixty-six books, choice parables, interesting stories, life changing message.
(Lifelines Page 1, Position 8)


Earl Nightingale used to remind us to read for 30 minutes per day. I’ve heard John Maxwell promote this, Brian Tracy, and a great host of other men and women who have made their impressive mark on civilization.

Get lost in a great book tonight!

Who knows where we will find you?

1 comment:

  1. Those are books that create legends! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete