Sunday, July 5, 2015

Regrets

Got regrets?  So do most people. 

Want to avoid having regrets?  Listen to this sage advice.

A group of senior citizens were once asked this question:
“If you could live your life over, what would you do differently?”

The top answer given is this:  “I would have taken more chances.”


As I reflect on my own life, that phrase still echoes in my heart, and I am a guy who has had 8 or 9 completely different careers.  There are still dreams that lie inside of me that I want to attempt. 

Climbing Mt. Everest is not one of them.

But I do want to write more books, and I’ll continue blogging until I can no longer place my hands on the keyboard. 

I want to expand my speaking circle.
I want to go sailing with CB on an extended trip.

Well, this is not really about me.  It is about you, and an attempt to inspire you to dream your dreams and give them feet and wings. 

Do you remember the age old question “What would you do if you knew you could not fail"?

That is what this is all about?  Your dreams lie buried within you.  Bring them out.  Give them a chance to breathe the air of freedom of expression. 

Maybe, some day, when we come to the end of our days, we can say with a smile on our faces, “I used up all that was within me.”

Let it be so.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment