Friday, November 1, 2013

K = Knowledge

In our search for twenty-five other options when plan A fails, we come to “Knowledge”.

On the surface this seems to be an intuitive next step in this series.  And so it is. 

If we have failed, what extra knowledge can we gather? 

Books abound in libraries and bookstores.
The internet is a virtual university of information.
Experts abound in every nearby city.

The lack of knowledge is not the problem.  The “will” to seek out that knowledge is the ingredient we need.

Are we willing to subject ourselves to others?  There is an act of humbling oneself in this that is difficult for some to do.  Yet it is the act of humbling that can bring the rewards and results we seek in the face of failure.

When I fail at something, after getting over the disappointment of the moment, I enter into self-examination of the causes of the failure.  The questions run something like this. 

What did I miss?
Who can be my best resource now?
What other skills might I acquire?

Do I need a partner?
What kind of partner should I seek?
Did I have enough capital?

How much capital will I need now?
To whom can I turn for this capital?
Is this idea still a worthy one to pursue?

Does it need minor overhaul or major overhaul?
Is the timing right for this particular slant on this idea?
Who is doing this better than I?

Can I join them?
Can they join me?
Who else should join us?

By now, we have a good grasp of the next steps to take in revamping our dream.  It is only knowledge, and knowledge is tremendous power when properly focused. 


“Knowledge is power, and power is the key to changing things.”
~Jill Nelson

“To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step in knowledge.”
~Benjamin Disraeli

“Be curious always, for knowledge will not acquire you, you must acquire it.”
~Sudie Back

“When you know better, you do better.”
~Maya Angelou


And a final thought.  This one may seem at first to contradict all of the other thoughts on knowledge, but think about it.

“You can’t know, you can only believe – or not.”
~C.S. Lewis

Ah, belief.  We come back to that old chestnut. 
 
We believe in our dreams, therefore, we go out and seek the knowledge to make them better, more durable, more sale-able  and more worthy of success.

We gain knowledge - therefore we gain belief in our dreams. 



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment