Thursday, October 27, 2011

F O C U S



I've had a thousand beginnings in my life.  I’ve started projects, books, repair jobs, and a dozen other enterprises; yet along the way I lost my focus. 

I stopped envisioning my objective.  I stopped seeking ways to continue the pursuit; to accomplish the dream.


             I lost my focus.




I discovered this insightful acrostic from Mari Smith’s Personal Strategies for the word “FOCUS”. 

It’s simple.

It’s easy to remember. 

Here it is:

Follow
One
Course
Until
Successful


It speaks of staying power, pertinacity. 

There are some epic examples in our land of those who have consistently demonstrated FOCUS.

Man on the Moon
IBM
Apple and Steve Jobs
Microsoft
Lance Armstrong
President Obama
Oprah

What are your dreams?
What do you want to do, to be, to accomplish?

It’s all about F O C U S.

Follow One Course Until Successful.

For many years I dreamed of and talked about becoming a writer and speaker.  But for too many years it was simply talk, no action.  I awakened one day and realized that people were not going to beat my door down until I proved that I had what it takes to write and speak.

I looked at some stats today for my blogs.  They are being read in places like Canada, England, Saudi Arabia, and Russia.  I don’t reveal this to boast, but rather to make a very poignant point.

I am doing what is required so that I can accomplish my goals

I’m on my way to seeing my dreams become a reality because I have FOCUS.  I am following one course until successful. 



How is your FOCUS?

Map out your strategy.

Set your mind to the task.

Follow your course.

It will lead you to amazing places.

Happy Travels!



No comments:

Post a Comment