Thursday, January 27, 2011

Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams

Close your eyes and tell me what you see when you dream of your future? What kind of work are you doing? Where do you live? What does your family life look like? What is your economic status?

Dreams are a good thing. Everyone dreams – some just take their dream to the next level. They dream in more vivid detail and dream on purpose. I want to be an on-purpose dreamer. Care to join me?

Aristotle once said …
“The soul never thinks without a picture.”

Paint a picture of your future. Splash on some bright orange. Mix in a dab of yellow. Surely there is a place for a touch of blue, and some pink and rose. Paint to your heart’s content, but paint your picture for your soul’s sake. Use a big canvass for your painting. Make a large statement. People might just marvel at your dream and come along and help you reach it.

A wise man once said “Once I see it I will be it.” We see it first in our mind’s eye, and then we move in the direction of our dreams and our dominant thoughts.

But we have to create a clear image of the end result. That is what empowers us toward achieving the desired end.

This quote hangs in a prominent place in my office.

“Only Those Who Can
See the Invisible
Can Accomplish the Impossible.”

It all starts with hopes and dreams. Then comes the doing. Dreams without action are like flowers without rain. They wither and die for lack of nourishment.

Give your dreams feet and wings. Allow them to grow, to run and soar to heights yet unseen, all because you dreamed and nourished the dream.


FEET
AND
WINGS!


I like that



Can you spend a few hours some morning on your dream? Go off by yourself, take a pen and paper, or your computer, get a nice cup of coffee and sit and think about your dreams. Ask this question …



“What would I do
if I knew
I could not fail?”


The answer to this question will give you a real sense of what beats inside of you.

Whatever the answer is, write it down, live with it for a while. Write down all of the possibilities for a dynamic life in pursuit of your dream. See where your thoughts take you.

My dream? To be a writer and speaker and reach thousands, even millions of people!!!

There! I said it out loud.

Some may say, “But you’re older now. Come on. Don’t you need to adjust your dreams just a bit?”

No way. If I’m gonna dream, I’m gonna dream big and bold and OUT LOUD.

Henry David Thoreau said, “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.”



No comments:

Post a Comment