Saturday, May 5, 2018

Reinvent Yourself


Reinvent Yourself

Forever now, I’ve heard a phrase that goes … “You can’t reinvent the wheel.”

No, but man alive, how mankind has reinvented the contraptions that use wheels of different sizes, shapes, speeds, colors and uses.

What do we talk about when we talk about reinventing self?  I’ve had nine different careers.  Have I reinvented myself in each of those situations?  Perhaps.

I started out wanting to be a drummer.  Not just a drummer, but the world’s greatest drummer.  I would sit and listen to Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich and Joe Morello for hours.  I would emulate their drum licks and try to do what I heard them do.  I got better, but I never made the list of the great drummers of the world.

Then I became a music director. 
And then retail sales manager of a department.

And a few other great opportunities. 

Today I am a self-proclaimed writer.  How did I get from wanting to be the greatest drummer to being a writer who wants to write the blog heard round the world?

I reinvented me. 

It was difficult at times.  Humbling mostly.  Subject to critique at times.

And here I sit.  Writing on a lovely Saturday morning before most of my neighborhood is awake. 

I am reimagining myself.  EVERYDAY.

It’s called reinventing.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment