Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Stay or Leap?


Stay or Leap?

Comfort is important to us.  We settle in, make our surroundings fit our style.  We like to be comfortable.  And we like to leave things along.  Don’t rock the boat.  Don’t make waves.  And “don’t fix it if it ain’t broke”.

And then along comes “opportunity”.  Oh my.  What do we do now?

Do we leap or do we stay put?

They both are good.  We’re comfortable where we are.  We’re happy.  We’re settled in, we know the people, and procedures.  We are in a good place.

Quickly, let me insert this:  I’m not promoting a leap just because it presents itself.  I’ve turned down ‘opportunities’ left and right because they didn’t fit at that moment.

Sometimes, we need to stay put.  We need to put down roots, dig in and ride it out (whatever we are riding out). 

The allure of the “new” is always present.  “NEW” looks shiny, sparkles, sings a new song, and draws like a magnet.  Ah, but is it good for us?

Only you can answer that one.  I’ve made some moves, and after reflection had a change of heart.  Thankfully, I was able to reverse one of those. 

I’m not promoting staying or leaping in this post.

I’m promoting analyzing, thinking through, weighing all alternatives.

Perhaps your best opportunity is right where you’re planted.

I don’t know, but you are a smart person and you can figure that out.  Trust your instincts.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment