Tuesday, April 3, 2018

I Am Somebody-Who Are You?


I Am Somebody – Who Are You?

Yes, I am somebody.  I have significance.  I am a person of worth and I am a contributing member of society.

I may not sing like Pavarotti, or act like George Clooney.  I flunked mechanical drawing, so I can’t design houses like Frank Lloyd Write, and even though I do speak, my style pales in comparison to Billy Graham.

But I am somebody and I have significance.

I’m not young any more.  I have grey hair for what is left of it.  I’m not as slim as I should be.  I sing, but have, on occasion, sung a flat note or missed my intro cue completely and had to start again.  As a drummer, I’ve dropped a few drum sticks, and as a conductor, I once dropped/threw my baton at a viola player named Hershel three times during rehearsal.  But I still can sing, drum and conduct. 

You see, I’ve made mistakes along the way.  I’ve fumbled, fallen down, broken a bone, tripped up, said the wrong thing at the wrong time, even spoken when I should have kept quiet, and yet, YET I am a person of worth. 

I have gotten back up after a fall, I’ve healed from my broken bone, I’ve picked up the drum sticks and baton after dropping them and kept playing and conducting, and I’ve learned from all the other accidents and incidents in life.

And today … I am somebody.  I am someone of worth.  I approve of myself, for I am not my mistakes. 

And so are you, whoever you are, whatever you’ve done, wherever you live, and regardless of life’s blunders and fails.

YOU ARE SOMEBODY TOO!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment