Sunday, February 25, 2018

We're Always Afraid


We’re Always Afraid
  
When I first started blogging, I was afraid every time it came time to press “Publish”.  And I pressed it anyway.  It took about a year for the fear to go away and for me to stop thinking about it.

It snowed here last week.  Carolyn needed to go out for an hour or so and I was fearful for her because of the icy conditions in our condo parking lot.  She came back safely. 

When I was released from the hospital after my heart bypass surgery I was fearful of climbing and descending the steps leading into our condo.  You should see me go now.  I’m not perfect but I’m getting better.

Fear is everywhere. 
~We drive on the freeway and we face fear.
~We go to the doctor and we face fear.
~We go to the movies and are fearful a bad guy with a gun might come in and wreak havoc.
 
Fear is everywhere.

And life goes on.  We go on.  We do life because it is necessary, sometimes in spite of our fears. 

We are brave and courageous in the face of fear because that is who we are, and we have lived long enough to know that most fears are manufactured in our minds and have no connection with reality. 
  Yes, we are cautious. 
    Yes, we pay attention. 
      Yes, we look both ways when crossing the street.

We GO in spite of fear.  Sometimes we go hand-in-hand with our fears.

And we don’t let fear win.  Oh no.  We never let fear drive. 

We let courage drive.  
We let faith drive.  
We let good 
sense drive.

Is it a cloudy day?  Will you ever see the sun again?  Yes, for as surely as there are clouds in the way, the sun and moon are still there.  Have no fear.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment