Monday, August 14, 2017

No One Succeeds Alone

Meet Max Talmud.  Max is probably unknown to most of you in these here parts.  However, he is/was a real man.  His significance is in the one life he greatly influenced.

And that life … Albert Einstein.  He was Al’s first mentor, at age ten.  Max hung out weekly at the Einstein home.  He even ate one meal a week there, and all the while he was guiding young Albert Einstein’s mind and passions. 

No one succeeds alone.

Sam Walton, founder of Walmart wasn’t always THE SAM WALTON.  Walmart has not always been a part of the American fabric.  In his early days, Sam borrowed $20,000 from his father-in-law – L.S. Robson.  Sam used the money to start his first retail store, a Ben Franklin franchise.  The experiences he gained surely fed his future success, but he needed the money and help from his father-in-law.

(Thanks, and appreciation go to Gary Keller and Jay Papasan, authors of The One Thing for these nuggets of insight.)

I am the face and name of the writing part of my life, but my wife Carolyn is the hand-holder, the one who encourages me most.  She will often say, “Now, how much time do you need for your writing this week?”  “Why don’t you buy that book?  I know how valuable a good book is to your writing and creativity.”  And she often refers me to podcasts, articles and highlights from magazines and other reading she does on her own.  What a marvelous dose of support she is to me.  I’m so very glad I am not
alone.

We’ve all had teachers, mentors, parents and siblings who have come alongside us at the right moment and stood with us, and perhaps they have provided some kind of spark to move us further along.

And I thank God for those “helpers” in my life. 

Who has helped you?
Have you thanked them lately?

No one succeeds alone. 

NO ONE.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment