Monday, July 24, 2017

Dance Now

Being a writer is something I dreamed of for thirty years.  I made dabs and spurts of starts along the way, but never fully embraced the idea of “P Michael Biggs – Writer.”

I first thought “If I could own a lighthouse and turn the globe part of that structure into my writing room, then I will write.”

And the dance went on without me.

Without adding other stories and metaphors to this topic, let me cut to the chase.

Circumstances will never be ideal for any pursuit we desire.  We dance now – in the rain, in the lack of ideal circumstances, and with the tools and equipment at hand … NOW, NOW, NOW!

I have learned that I can write in tire stores, libraries, coffee shops, in my auto, on airplanes, at Denny’s restaurants, and even with a spectacular view of the Puget Sound out my window. 

I’m learning to dance wherever I am, and with whatever tools are at hand.

And the weather doesn’t interfere.  I’ve written in thunderstorms, snow storms, at midnight, and early morning.  I have learned to do the thing at hand NOW.  If I wait for ideal circumstances and perfect timing, the ideas may not show up on time. 

I feel like dancing NOW. 

And so I write.

Here is the quote that is my inspiration today.



Vivian Green

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment