Monday, January 23, 2017

The Danger of Shallow Wells

“You can’t draw 
much water out of 
a shallow well.” 
~Jim Garlow – Pastor Skyline Church 
San Diego, CA

If you are thirsty, find a deep well.  Find a reservoir in which a person could almost drown – at least metaphorically.

I read or I die!  What a profound statement.  And it is true.  I can measure the goodness of my content by my reading life. 

 And so I go and find good wells of insight, good books, and authors who can stretch me, inspire me, make me pause in mid-sentence and say “Wow!”

I’m just now discovering Hemingway and Steinbeck.  These are two deep wells from which I am just beginning to drink.

Other wells that I love to hang around are …
~TED Talks
~Christa Tippet – On Being
~Brennan Manning and Philip Yancey (for
   the Christian mindset)
~Bob Goff - what a fresh drink he is.
~Julia Cameron (The Artist Way and others)
~Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich and
   others)
~Earl Nightingale (The Strangest Secret)

And how could I ever forget Seth Godin.  He’s the man!  Insightful, on-purpose, challenging, astute.  I get a daily dose of Seth in my in-box.

Shallow wells don’t do it for me.  Lead me to deep wells and I shall drink deeply.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment