Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"I AM" You Say

Whatever it is that you say you are, it is so.  This is an age-old axiom that still rings true today. 

The power words “I AM” are not much as a stand-alone pairing, for it is what follows that matters.

I AM – strong
I AM – a writer
I AM – confident in my skill set
I AM – losing weight
I AM – exercising faithfully
I AM – following my plan for my life

What are you?
Who are you?

Some people go around with the mantra …

Oh I could never do …
Oh I can’t forgive …
Oh I would be so embarrassed if I …
Oh what if they laugh at me
Oh its already been done a thousand times before

~The good news is this – even if it has already been done, it has never been done by you.
~So what if they laugh.  Do it anyway.
~Embarrassment?  You probably won’t die from it.  Go ahead.  It will give you a good laugh after you accomplish whatever it is you wanted to do or become in the first place.
~Forgiveness is one of the sweetest pills to swallow, after the fact.  You would be amazed at how it improves life.
~Is fear keeping you from trying the “nevers” in your life?  Join the club and do it anyway.

You are as capable as the people doing whatever it is you want to do.  It just boils down to belief. 

What do you believe about yourself?

What are your action “I AM” statements?

Do them!
Become them!

Perhaps then you can say with confidence – I DID!



“I took a deep breath 
and listened to the old bray 
of my heart; I am, I am, I am.”
—Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment