Sunday, March 29, 2015

Words Bring Hope

The age old question is this – What’s in a word?

Words can be a powerhouse of hope or a sledge hammer of destruction.  What kinds of words will come from your mouth and mine?

To this day, sometimes I still replay some harsh and negative words that have been tossed my way.  I know cognitively that I should never dwell on those words; however, my subconscious still remembers them. 

On the other hand, I can replay some amazing and life enriching words of esteem that I've heard about my life or talents or contributions.  Those words are like oxygen to my soul.  They refresh me and inspire me.

Once, I heard a publisher say this about my writing:  “Michael is a writer’s writer.”  Wow.  What a comment.  Do you think that inspired me to go out and write volumes of material?  You bet it did.

Let’s look at some of the other benefits of strong and affirming words and their effect on people.

Words bring …
  ~Hope
   ~Healing
    ~Inspiration
     ~Renewal
      ~Refreshment
       ~Instruction
        ~Guidance
         ~Correction
          ~Direction

Now, spend a few minutes contemplating these words.  Remember, they apply to the people in your world too. Every person you meet is wearing an invisible sign that says,

Make Me Feel Important.

 










P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment