Friday, April 18, 2014

Dreams

Do you believe in dreams?  Do you sometimes engage in a full-fledge fantasy?  I hope so.  Dreams are good for you.

Let me say that again – Dreams are good for you.

Consider this:

“People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles.  Dreams are real.  But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.”
~Neil Gaiman


I am a huge believer in dreams and dreaming.  Dreams are the stuff of our futures.  Where would we be without dreams? 

We wouldn't have …
  Airplanes and spaceflight
   Medicines for cures
    Computers and iGadgets
     Sushi and lobster
      Fried chicken and enchiladas
       eBooks and tablets
        Amazon and Wi-Fi
         Animation and Disney
          Water parks and bungee jumping

My viewpoints shape my writing just as much as something I read or hear in conversation or watch on TV. 

I've taken a few lost hopes and refashioned them into bigger and better dreams, and some of those dreams are holding me in good stead today.

My wish for you – dream!  Dream big and expansive.  Dream in color.  Dream out loud, and above all, dream outside whatever box you have created for yourself. 

Listen to your own viewpoints, opinions, wishes and longings and DREAM – DREAM – DREAM!



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment